So I try as many recipes as possible and I will share all the good ones with you. So be prepared…
I like this one a lot, because it uses frozen berries. I love all kind of berries and have suffered a lot lately with being stucked in a cold and berry-less winter. So using frozen ones is a nice way of answering my craving for blueberries and more.
90 g mixed berries, frozen
2 tbsp caster sugar
45 g standard flour
45 g wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 pinch of salt
125 ml milk
60 g ricotta
- Defrost and lightly mash berries, mix with 1 tablespoon sugar and set aside.
- Sift flours, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk egg yolks and milk together and add to dry ingredients. Stir until just combined and gently stir in ricotta.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff and carefully fold into batter.
- Fold in berries in a few strokes.
- Preheat pan to medium heat. Using a pastry brush, brush some butter into pan. Wipe off excess with a folded paper towel.
- Using a tablespoon pour batter in pan. When pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around the edges, about 2 1/2 minutes, flip over. Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter. You can keep finished pancakes on a heat-proof plate in the oven at 80°C.