Recently, I realised that my public library has cookbooks and food magazines. I still don’t get how I could miss that for months, but ever since I’ve been heading over there, it’s just across the street from my office, during lunch, flicking through magazines and books. I always felt kind of bad buying new books and magazines all the time, having hundreds of recipes that haven’t been cooked yet at home, plenty of cookbooks that have rarely been touched and a 100 meter long ‘to cook’ list from all the great online resources.
But now, without feeling bad, I can take books and magazines I like home, look at the beautiful photos, get inspired, cook the nice things and bring them back. It’s not the same – I know. But for me it’s a way out of my guilt without missing all the fun…
The recipe I’d like to share with you today is super easy and not rocket science, you probably wouldn’t even need a recipe for it. But for me, sometimes, it’s all about inspiration. Seeing some delicious prawns there, reading about citrus fruits here and having a craving for pasta. And that’s what comes out of it. Enjoy. I hope you like it.
Pasta with Prawns, Lemon, Chilli and Spinach.
250 g pasta
1 clove of garlic
1 red chilli, fresh
100 g cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
400 g prawns
50 g baby spinach
30 g parmesan
- Cook your pasta in a large pot of well-salted water.
- Crush garlic, deseed chilli and chop finely, cut tomatoes in half.
- Shortly before pasta is ready, place olive oil and garlic in large saucepan over medium heat.
- As soon as garlic starts to sizzle (ca. 30 seconds), add chilli and stir for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and cook for a further minute until tomatoes start to break down.
- Add lemon zest, juice and prawns and heat prawns through for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to prawn pan, add baby spinach and mix well.
- Divide among serving bowls and top with grated parmesan and some sea salt and black pepper.
Note:- I recently just purchased a meat grinder and am looking forward to using it for homemade sausage so I’ll be testing that out soon!